Finally, after tweaking this pedal for 3 years, Brian was beyond happy. Other pedals have come and gone, but this one has always been on the breadboard; being tweaked here and modified there. Finally, Brian was ready to present one of his favorite tones of all time.
What makes those amps so special? Well, first of all there is the “chime” - A beautifully clear and concise high response that cuts through anything. Then there is the overdrive. When you push it hard (with the boost switch activated) the tone creates a midrange hump that makes your tone enormous but with enough clarity to hear every string ring through. The Thirty Something truly is a master class in tone.
As you would expect from Wampler Pedals, great care has been taken to ensure authenticity of tone. The EQ features a Top Cut (not an inverted treble boost), that reacts and removes the same spectrum of frequencies you would expect from the originals. Switchable gain stages allow you a much clearer tone right up to the “that” beautiful, almost regal overdrive.
On the inside is a trim pot that will adjust the input gain; so, if you are using a guitar with hotter pickups, dropping this back a touch will allow you to retain a true clean tone. Brian has taken his time to ensure that this pedal is “just” right.
With the built in Class A treble boost, this really is the ultimate pedal of its kind.
• Handbuilt in the U.S.A.
• Completely true bypass
• Battery connection and 9v power jack (barrel plug like Boss)
• Power draw: 13mA
• Controls: Volume, Gain, Bass, Treble, Top Cut and Boost Level
• Class A pre-gain boost (treble) to give an authentic overdriven tone
• Boost can be used when main pedal is off to drive amp/other pedals
• 3.5" x 4.5" x 1.5" (88.9mm x 114.3mm x 38.1mm) - height excludes knobs and switches
• 5 Year Warranty
• Powder coated durable finish
• Completely original circuitry